Sunday, October 14, 2012

Little something about me

So for those who are following me: I figured I would tell you a little about my passions. 

I love to do volunteer work. I did a 24-48 hour broadcast on blogtv, raising money for To Write Love On Her Arms = TWLOHA. Now TWLOHA is a charity that spreads the awareness of suicide prevention, eating disorders, drug and alcohol abuse & sexual abuse. I hands down love this charity and everything that they stand for. I have had the honor of attending events around the area, listening to stories and hearing the founder Jaime Tworkowski speak. His passion and love for helping others, inspired me to do the same. Since 9th grade I have been apart of the Red Cross, helping special needs children train for the special Olympics, spread the awareness of what's going on in the congo, been a street team member of "Falling Whistles"

I even had a charity event of my own in High School to help a friend who was dying from Cancer, I held a car wash and raised over $700 dollars to help pay for some medical expenses. Sadly my friend passed away but ever since then I have wanted to do more. Get more people involved. I am now a suicide hotline operator, I council teens with art rehab. I just want to show people how powerful and positive you can be if you just stopped to help one person and then another and another. There is nothing sweeter then knowing, I can lay my head down at night, knowing that I made another person happy today, I let them know that someone out there cares about them, and I am always here with open arms, to listen and help. 

Because I want them to know that I am not there to judge them. I am there as someone that cares, because like them, I have a story too. I was bullied and picked on, I too thought of suicide. I got through it by surrounding myself with positive people, by going to my mother and step father and asking for help, asking for them to be patient with me and to learn that my depression isn't just affecting me, it's hurting them too. 

In the next post I will post the remarkable story of TWLOHA. 

-Wednesday 



No comments:

Post a Comment